Saturday, February 14, 2015

Glittered Shoes

This post is going to be more of a product review. For a  costume I need red, sparkly shoes and women's 10 is a hard size to find in fancy/fun shoes and since I don't have time to chance shipping an online order for shoes that will work I was left to making them myself. 

I didn't want to just craft glue a bunch of glitter to a pair of shoes; there's no way I want to have to clean up loose glitter in my sewing nook plus it would be nice to be able to walk in this shoes so I aimed for something that was meant for clothing and could move with clothing, and I found Tulip's line of Fashion Glitters. 




I'm not always a fan of their products; their puff paints are fun to play with on shirts but those usually end up making garments stiff and the paint itself tends to crack. There were plenty of options, the loose glitter that came with appropriate glue, there were spray paint options, I debated the leather paints longer than I should since I was using it for shoes but opted out because of the lacking shiny in those particular paints. Then I came across the super fancy glitters. They only came in one size and I lucked out because there was one red tub left. It is a rather small container of glittered clothing paint that was priced at $5.99 and by the time I finished my shoes I had only gone through half of the container. 







The shoes I used were canvas knock off looking Toms. Pretty simple slip on shoes, nothing else was terribly important about them other than they could pass for the style I needed.





It was pretty simple to do, just paint on and let it dry. I used two soft brushes to get a smoother coating of the paint. The larger brush was for covering large amounts of the shoes at a time and the thinner brush I used to cover the smaller, finer areas as well as do any touch ups. 






This project probably took me about 20 minutes to complete and it didn't take long for this paint to dry. I did clean the brushes as soon as I was do so as not to risk ruining them or making it difficult to clean them at a later time. 






It was hard to get their sparkle to show up well with my camera but they do look better in person. I only needed one coat since these shoes were already red(two coats would have used up all of the paint) and they do have a sort of stiffness to them as a result of the paint. However I was still able to get them on and off easily(they did have elastic in them to begin with) and I had no trouble walking in them. The paint moved well with the shoes and showed no tale tell signs that it would crack. Tulip's Fashion Glitter ended up being a great product to use for this project.






3 comments:

  1. That’s what I was looking for. I am talking about all topics bundled in this blog. They all are really very useful for me as well as for my team. We are definitely going to use its highlighted information.Kate mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. so happy to find good place to many here in the post, the writing is just great, thanks for the post. Scarpe Running pronatori

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent effort to make this blog more wonderful and attractive. work boots

    ReplyDelete